Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It never hurts to ask...

Thursday night, Eli's ear looked like it had had some drainage.  Then his eyes got really goopy & pink.   He said he felt fine & had been acting normally.  Friday morning, I took him to the doctor.  He had a double ear infection & double pink eye.  Begin quarantine.  While we were at home chilling our heels & keeping our eye germs to ourselves, I realized that I really needed to email a few companies about things that had broken or malfunctioned.

The first two have not yet responded.  If they do, I'll let you know...don't hold your breath.  :)  The company that responded first & completely wowed me was Fisher-Price.  For Eli's last birthday or Christmas, he received the Imaginext Batmobile.  He has played with it 24/7 for a year.  The child loves all that is Imaginext, but I digress.  A couple months ago, it stopped going.  The engine would rev...then nothing.  No more noise.  No go.  We changed the batteries.  Still nothing.  It looked a lot like this (but was the model before):

While we were just as "no go" as the Batmobile, I figured it would be a good time to email the company:  see if recalls existed, ask for replacement, so on & so forth.

I got a response on Monday (wow!).  Although they have no replacements for that particular Batmobile, they'll be sending me a $23 voucher for Fisher-Price/Imaginext toys to use as I will--whether that is to replace our Batmobile with a new one or expand his collection.  I was so impressed!  They did not have to do that, but they did.  That's really, truly great customer service; they made this customer very happy.

When we get the voucher, I'm going to go get a new Batmobile for my little man...one that will rev, make noises, and go zooming across my living room.  I'm so excited for him to have a functioning Batmobile again.  No, it wasn't the end of the world that his car no longer went.  He's still played with it.  But he's asked me to fix it time & time again...and this fix is beyond me.  They're fixing that for me. For that, I'm incredibly thankful.

Lingering thought of the day:  I was trying to come up with something brilliant, witty, profound for my lingering thought.  I failed.  However, I did manage to reach the conclusion that these little lingering thoughts are quite similar to Chuck Lorre's vanity cards.  They're random thoughts at the end that just flash by, make you chuckle (occasionally, if worthy), and leave you with a thought totally unrelated to what you saw before (usually).  Big Bang fans, you get what I'm talking about, right?  
Slight turn in direction:  That man needs hope. Real, true hope.  He has none, and he's shouting out questions about humanity, life, love, spiritual things.  Every episode, I panic for him upon reading his words.  I want to reach out & help him.  He needs answers--TRUTH.   Yet, how many times in life do people flash the same things before us?  Friends, family, co-workers.  They allow just a snippet, comment, or question.  Then the moment passes so very quickly.  We're back to the silly, programmed norm.  I'm tired of missing it when people dance around the questions, looking for answers, looking for hope, looking for something real.   I want to snatch up those moments and truly make them count.  It's time to stand up & find the courage...
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Phil. 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment