Thursday, December 13, 2012

Booyah, Grandma! They're done!

Finally & at last, I have finished our stockings.  This has been a work in progress (& running joke in our house) for a very long time.  I've talked it up, bought the materials, and...  Yep, that's where it ended.  Until this year.  This year, I really did it.  The stockings are finished and hung with care!

I started by gathering my stuff & sketching out a pattern.  I wasn't sure which style I wanted to do, so I sketched out a hybrid and decided at cutting time.  Deciding on the fly works well for me.



So, with a little help from Clifford (and whomever else wanted to trod upon my project), I started cutting. I cut the pattern, felt, and cuff fabric.



Then I stitched, trimmed, turned, embellished, and hung.  Ta da!


It was a super quick & easy project.  It took about 2-3 hours total.  The actual cutting & construction took no time.  The dang fringe, however, was a total time suck.  Boo for embellishments.  Ok, fine, I like embellishments...a lot, actually.  That's why I proceeded with it.  But I really want to not like it due to the high-maintenance aspect of it.  So there.

Anyway, I'm somewhat relieved that they're done.  Now on to my next 85 Christmas projects...

Lingering thought of the day:  After being REALLY sick for days, it's nice to get out of the house.  But it takes a total fool to make Walmart the first outing.  Geez, Louise.  I don't like the place when I'm fully functioning.  What was I thinking?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment